Wednesday, January 14, 2009

The magic of Calliou


Who would have ever guessed a bald four year old boy would be the cure all when Claire wakes up in the middle of the night? Calliou is a cartoon on PBS--it is about a little boy, his family and all of their adventures. The kid sometimes gets on my nerves, as he can be a little on the whiny side. But, hey, if it pacifies Claire when nothing else will--then we are happy to watch it--even at 3 a.m. in the morning. Luckily, we haven't had one of those nights in a couple of weeks. We not sure what Claire finds so calming--it may be the gentle voice of the narrator or the bright white background. We are still a little puzzled why they don't give the poor kid any hair. Oh yes, Claire also likes to dance to the music at the beginning and end of the show!

1 comment:

Julie said...

My 7 year old even likes Caliou. I don't get it either.....and that voice! Oh, I could just shoot myself. He's such a cry baby and that drives me crazy!